Pages

Saturday, October 02, 2010

My New Ram

This is my new ram. He will breed the bulk of my ewes this Fall ... :-)

He was born at Cathy Gallivan's Spring Water Farm in New Brunswick. But, his dam was sold bred so he is out of my breeding. His dam is WillowGarden Cherry Bomb (F3 /F4 Timothy, F3/F4 Greyling, F2 Glayva, F2 Hornblower) and his sire is WillowGarden Garnish (F3 /F4 Timothy, F3/F4 Greyling, F2 Glayva, F2 Hornblower). As you can see, this lamb was very much linebred on Great Plains Cherry and my two UK import rams, Hornblower and Glayva)





Now I just have to find a way to get him home. There may be another road trip involved ... :-)

3 comments:

Nancy K. said...

His color and fleece look gorgeous, Bill, but is it just the angle of the photos or does he have extremely short legs?

Bill Stearman said...

'tis the angle of the camera, Nancy ... and an inexperience photographer when it comes to re-sizing.

He is a stocky, square guy, to be sure ... and boy does he have some awesome genetics that I like. His sire died last winter and this guy is the best of his sons! I'm excited and thankful to be getting him.

Life is good!

Jen and Rich Johnson said...

Looks like a great ram to me, Bill!

Rich