Pages

Monday, July 05, 2010

Cattle Staying

OK ... here is who I will have in my Dexter herd ...

  1. Valean's Marjori ... a two year old ready to breed and my grand children love her, so she has to stay.
  2. Petit Sabot Whiskers ... a late Fall 2009 short yearling.
  3. Petit Sabot Winka ... another late Fall 2009 short yearling
  4. Seven Oaks Honey Bun ... a 12 year old black cow out of some wonderful older genetics
  5. Amber-Dawn Ramona ... a 5 year old black cow and a Honey Bun granddaughter ... she is coming with a 4 month old steer on her ... so she will still be in milk ... ;-)
  6. Valean's Whoopi ... a black yearling out of a dun cow and a red bull
Pictures will follow someday ... :-).

I am pretty happy with the genetic diversity in this little herd ... and with the various ages. I expect that 6 or 7 cows may be my maximum ... so if I buy something ... then I'll need to sell something ... *sigh*.

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

I am finally going to look at our first shot at the Dexter's this week Bill. After 4 years of passionate wanting, this is going to be so much fun. Watching your journey has certainly helped define my own.