Pages

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

A New Dexter Friend

Yesterday Mark, one of the men in my Teaching Home, and I went to visit a new Dexter friend. Now, I want to say to all of my Shetland friends ... that it appears that a passion for Dexters turns folks into the nicest of people ... much like a passion for Shetlands does.

We had the BEST time with Liz and Denis at Eliden Farm! Liz was just a store house of information. She has me set up to milk with a MACHINE (my arthritis couldn't do it by hand). She is helping me track down semen to use with my herd. And she fed us a GREAT lunch and gave us a wonderful selection of cheeses to try. Mark brought home a big hunk of Mozzarella that Liz gave him to use in the quiche that he is making for his birthday party tomorrow. Both Mark and I are excited to start making cheese!
This is Liz's stunning Reannagh. I'm hoping that all of my cows turn out to be that nice ... :-). And that is what my bucket and set-up for milking will look like! How cool is that!

Thank you Liz for a great day and for welcoming us into your circle of Dexter friends.

Life is good!

No comments: