Pages

Thursday, May 31, 2007

AI Babies ... growing up

Well ... my AI babies are about seven weeks old now, so I thought I'd post some updated pictures of a few of them. In total, there are 35 live lambs from the two AI sires that I used.
Above is WillowGarden Chobe, an Ag Fawn katmoget out of Great Plains Sylvia (F1 Greyling) and Todhill Glayva. The ewe is WillowGarden Libya, out of Great Plains Wren (F1 Minder) and Todhill Glayva. Both lambs are 75% UK genetics and display the characteristics that I'd hoped they'd have.
This is little doll is WillowGarden Sahara, out of WillowGarden Janis Joplin (domestic) and Todhill Glayva. She is an F1. Won't she add some appeal to my spotted Shetlands ... ;-)
I really like this guy, WillowGarden Egypt, out of Great Plains Wren (F1 Minder) and Todhill Glayva. So far he is looking exactly like I had expected/hoped for. He is 75% UK genetics.
This guy is WillowGarden Congo. Although he is less showy that the ram above (in my opinion, anyway) , he does have a VERY soft grey fleece and excellent conformation on a larger frame. He is out of Great Plains Joanne (domestic) and Todhill Hornblower.
I LOVE this guy, WillowGarden Nelson, although I do wish that he was bigger! He is out of Great Plains Cherry (F2 Timothy & F2 Greyling). His sire is Todhill Hornblower. He is 75% UK genetics and looking good!
Here is WillowGarden Mandella, sister to Nelson, so she is 75% UK as well.

I'll try to get more pictures over the weekend. The lambs this year are so much better than I ever imagined ... even my domestics! Selecting ruthlessly for conformation and fleece is paying off for me!

:-)

1 comment:

Nancy Larsen said...

Nice lambs Bill, as always like to see your babies.
Nancy L.