Pages

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Who Would Have Guessed!

Well, I called yesterday to see if my pork was ready, and it will be tomorrow morning. While I was chatting with the chap who runs the abbatoir ... I know ... hard to imagine ... ME ... chatting ... hehehe

Anyway ... he told me that the last of my pigs to be 'put through' was the worst he had ever dealt with. The pig was not obviously stressed and upset. Rather, she just decided that she was going to sit in the pen and let NO-ONE in. Apparently, anytime someone went near the pen, she would charge at them and try to BITE them. Once the gate was shut, she would go back to sitting again.

I was embarrassed to hear this, since the pigs were always so well behaved at home! Isn't that always the way with kids!

For a while, it appeared that the pig might just get to stay in her pen, but they managed to get a large stick in her mouth and she bit down on that and walked peacefully with the stick in her mouth. She likely thought it was an arm ... hehehe


Will post pictures of smoked pork chops on the barbecue tomorrow night ... :-)

No comments: