Pages

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Holiday Time ... in New England

Once again ... sorry for not telling you all that I would be away for five days ... but that is what happened ... and why this blog has been so silent.

We went to New England for Gene's nephew's wedding. It was a wondrous event ... filled with good food, good drink, good friends, loving family, and volumes of sentiment. A picture of the bride and groom is at the end of this post. Their radiant smiles tell all about the day.


I also went for a walk on the beach. In the picture above, I am with Gene's sister Sue, and brother-in-law Bill. I like this pictures since Gene didn't have his telephoto lens with him ... so I am far enough away in the picture that you can't tell that I was actually mistaken for a beached whale ... hehehe


While in the MA, where there is no tax on clothes, I did buy a pair of shoes for running. My knees seem to be improving. No stress fractures in a while. And I'd like to do something about the extra 30 or so pounds of ME ... and thus be safe from those New Bedford whaling ships ... so ... I'm going to give running a try again ... ;-)
This is the Mayflower. Can you believe that after almost 8 years of trips to the Cape Cod area, that this is the first time I got to see it? Plymouth Rock itself ... was a bit of a disappointment. I don't know why, but I was expecting something MUCH more ... grand.

Below ... Jeremy and Colleen Kennefeck ... newly weds.
:-)

No comments: