Pages

Saturday, September 16, 2006

Milford Fair

We spent today at the Milford Fair. This is the community that we used to live in when we had the B&B. We still have many wonderful friendships there ... and jumped at the invitation when they asked is we'd bring sheep.

This fair starts at 11 AM following the 12 minute long parade ... and lasts until 4 PM, when everyone gets ready for the beef barbeque and a 'show' that highlights the winners of the 'talent Competition', held in the old town hall.

It may be billed as the 'smallest, fully sanctioned Fall Fair in Ontario', but
let me tell you all ... we had a blast ... and our sheep and display were one of the highlights of the event.

In the photo above, note the spaces in Gene's 'art wall' where artwork that he sold USED to be. Also, you can't see the tags that say 'SOLD'.
I sold a ton of the Goats' Milk Soap that I got from my friend Shauna, in exchange for a lamb. I also sold a fleece or two ... AND ... I have three people coming to talk about starter flocks ... and NO-ONE ever comes to talk about a starter flock without buying one ... ;-).

We also got to hug a LOT of friend who we hadn't seen for a while.

It was a VERY long day ... but one we will do next year ... and every year after that. We'd have considered it a 'success'' just to have spend the day with friends ... but ... to have made some money out of the day as well ... BONUS!
As you can see, the ewe lambs that I took were a hit. I pulled then, at random, from the flock, at feeding time the night before. They cried all night, and hated me for the first part of the day. By noon ... they had decided that nibbles of hand fed hay and cookies ... were pretty much ... OK ... hehehe

I now have four more VERY tame ewe lambs in my flock. Cool!
Gene had a great time ... but ... and don't tell him this ... but ... can you believe how much OLDER than me he looks??? Thank gawd we have no mirrors in the house so that I can truly continue to look as I always have ... at least from my side of these eyes ... hehehe

1 comment:

Nancy K. said...

It sounds like a WONDERFUL day! For the record...I'd say Gene looks pretty, darned GOOD! (I'm sure you do too) ;-)