Pages

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Ray Charles

I may already have shared these pictures with you ... but I just love this guy ... so ... I'm posting him today anyway ... :-)

He is Dailley Ray Charles ... and he is emsket. He looks dark brown, but when you part his fleece, even this short, it is that pewter colour that is emsket. Lovely!

His fleece was about 5 inches long, and quite even with a tight crimp from neck to britch. I had hoped to get it micron tested ... but it sold to a handspinner before I had the chance to get a sample! It is nice when that happens ... because I know that my 'hand' is getting better from working with so many handspinners ... :-)

This guy, I hope, will get a chance to add some new genetics to my modified colour ewes this fall. I have a LOT of emsket and mioget ewes out there, but they are all from the same three or four lines. Fresh blood will be nice!

He is so square and correct ... and really wide horns. He will grow into a very striking ram at maturity.

No comments: