Pages

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

And the Excitement Continues ... :-)

I have really enjoyed my Dexter cows. They are calm, gentle and fun to be around. So ... I have arranged to purchase another black Dexter cow and her two month old black heifer calf. I have also purchased a two year old red Dexter bull who will stay here long enough to breed Millie and Madge (the new cow). When Marvin (the bull) has done his bit with the cows, he'll go off to get 'finished' for the freezer ... a belated Christmas gift to my kids ... :-).
In order for all of this to happen ... Marjori will need to live with the sheep for a while as she is too young to be bred. She isn't all that thrilled with the arrangement,
... but she is liking the hay bales ... :-)
Millie wants her friend Marjori, to come back! I'll explain to her about Madge coming ... and of course I'll mention Marvin ... :-)

Life is good.

No comments: