Pages

Thursday, April 03, 2008

UPDATE - Pictures to Follow ... someday

Just wanted to let you all know that I am alive and well, just very tired. My Shetlands started a lamb-slide on Saturday afternoon, when Great Plains Tulip pumped out triplet Shetland mules (BFL sire). From the birth of the first to the third one slurping up colostrum, it was just over an hour. This ewe is one of the best moms I have ever seen. These lambs are growing like weeds and have awesome looking fleeces.

17 more Shetlands have lambed ... six of them since midnight last night! I am pretty happy with what I am seeing out there. Lots of spots. Lots of very even and crimpy looking fleeces. Great conformation.

So far, I have had eight Shetland rams born and 19 Shetland ewes. My experience tells me that the boys will catch up ... so in the remaining 25 or so yet to lamb, I am expecting a LOT of rams ... :-)

Photos will follow when I can stop building more jugs to keep up. Eight ewes have lambed in the last 24 hours and there are several more looking like they are ready to reserve barn space!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

After ready that, I think I need a nap! I hope they give you a reprieve soon!