Pages

Thursday, November 09, 2006

What a Day ... with a FILM Crew as Well ... hehehe

Well ... it was one heck of a fun and interesting day here at Willow Garden ... like who would be surprised about THAT ... hehehe.

The last of the 'crew' just left. OC Flock Management, the people who flew in from Alberta to do the AI for me, were going to be in Ontario at the Royal for a promotional video that Lynn (Vet) is working on with Canadian Sheep Breeders Association. It saved me a few bucks if I let them come to my farm and film the AI. As a simple country boy ... ;-) ... I was expecting someone with a video camera on their shoulder. NOT THE CASE! The film crew ... complete with lights ... and more lights ... and cords that required MORE cords to get to an outlet ... consisted of a director/producer ... a lighting technitian ... and a camera person. This DVD, with a MAJOR production buget will be used to promote Canadian sheep INTERNATIONALLY. It will be produced in four languages to start with. And SHETLANDS will be front and centre. VERY COOL!! AND, with reciprocity between NASSA and CLRC ... Shetlands are the fastest growing breed in the NATION ... as we begin to move sheep to the Canadian registry. (There are actually no more Shetlands ... they just now show up as purebred when they are registered with CSBA/CLRC).

The Vet started the AI process about 30 minutes late, and it took what seemed like a long time ... complete with running REHEARSALS of SCENES before they were 'acted out'. We went past the 56 hours from pulling sponges and injecting ... but all the 'bits' looked rosy and got lots of oooos and awwwws. Looks like everything went as planned. Now ... we just wait to see if the back-up rams marks any.

In my usual insane way,of course, I invited everyone to stay for supper. I I had two vats of home-made soup waiting when we got done and the trucks loaded ... plus a bit of red wine and a few beers ... ;-). The soup recipes were variations on recipes from Farmgirl Fares' blog. Once I get my links up, I'll add a link to hers. The soups were a hit. I encourage everyone to check out her blog site.

t was a most wonderful day. A day that just leaves you feeling good ... :-)

Just finished cleaning up the kitchen, and since tomorrow is a work day that has me out of here by 7 AM, after doing chores ... it is bedtime ... :-)

More later. I'll have more pictures on my blog within a few days ... in the mean time ... look at the film crew ... and imagine my surprise at what I thought would be 'Mom with a camera' ... hehehe!

3 comments:

Ewenique Border Collies said...

Thanks for the update Bill...I have been thinking of you today wondering how it went. Very exciting.
Nat

Anonymous said...

Way to go Bill !!!

Nancy K. said...

How cool is THATF??????!