Pages

Thursday, November 30, 2006

U S Thanksgiving Weekend

Well ... I arrived last weekend at Sheltering Pines with my usual enthusiasm and energy ... and a HUGE list of things to get done. My friend Stephen ... appeared somewhat overwhelmed ... at first ... hehehe
Troy and Greg cut down dead trees, winterized fish ponds and the pool and did a LOT of other assorted tasks. Kim N was visiting as well and she helped Stephen sort out several knitting problems. Sandy and her husband helped put a new roof on the 'Wool House'.
Slowly ... Stephen started to become more like himself as he helped us all to get tasks completed ... :-)
This is the light I put up at the top of the ram barn so that Stephen can see to do chores at night. My friend Dan, pictured below, passed things up the ladder to me. When we were done and I was back on the ground, I told Dan how frightened I am of heights. He told me that he was as comfortable on a ladder as he is on the ground ... but how would I have KNOWN this ... hehehe
Dan and I also built a new cover for the cellar way, as this was a priority for Stephen's 93 year old Mom ... and I ADORE her! Look at the determination on Dan's face ... ;-)

The whole weekend was so much fun ... and we got a lot done as well!

I'll try to post sheep pictures later.

2 comments:

Nancy K. said...

Oh Bill, it's so wonderful to see pictures of Stephen! He looks awesome! You are the most incredibly kind and giving man. Thank you for being Stephen's friend (and MINE!)

Juliann said...

LOL! Those are some great shots of Stephen. Looks like I missed out on a great time. :)
Bill, you are an incredible person and a great friend to all of us.
Juliann