Pages

Sunday, November 12, 2006

The Royal Winter Fair

Well ... this weekend was the final weekend of the Royal Winter Fair in Toronto. It was also the championship day for the sheep shows. It had been years since I had gone, and Gene and I decided to combine the Royal ... the Toronto International Art Show ... and a visit with my son and daughter-in-law.

At the last minute, Gene wasn't feeling well ... so ... I went alone and just shortened the trip so it was an 'in and out' trip lasting about 24 hours.
The Royal was as I had remembered ... except for the CROWDS!!! There was not one parking space left on the grounds and there were shuttle buses bringing people in from off-site parking lots. The aisles of exhibitor booths were TOTALLY congested.







We managed to find some quieter areas with fun and interesting displays.




My son Chris, and daughter-in-law Kerri went with me and were wonderful company. I got to see part of the sheep show, and lots of the things I remembered from being there as a kid.









The 'butter sculptures' were always a favourite of mine ... and they still are ... :-)

What a wonderful day ... that ended with a gourmet pizza ... and my son and I sampling and comparing several micro brewery beers and ales.

No comments: