Pages

Thursday, May 15, 2014

Next Quilt

I fell in love with this piece of fabric with the oranges and the purples.
When I brought it home, I had no idea what to do with it ... but some of the fat quarters in my stash looked awesome with it.  I stuck them all in an idea bin and left them until I had an idea. 


And then I came  across this quilt on ... and an idea suited to one of my grand daughters started to brew ...
I loved the bigger bits.  They are fun and provide a focus for a curious mind.
I loved the sort of log cabin looking pattern to it.  What a great way to incorporate some of the fabric sitting in my idea bin.
And I think that a border around each block, and around the quilt, using the oranges and purples fabric might just tie it all together.


And for the focus bits, I came across all these prints of things that she loves!
This will be my first project as I learn to use my new machine!


Woohoo!
Life is good!

No comments: