Pages

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

How Did the Quilting Come About??!!

Without going into a lot of boring and gory details, I developed a VERY severe case of Cellulitis in my lower left leg and foot.  It seemed resistant to most antibiotics and I ended up hospitalized for ten days.  They were pretty sure that it was, or would become Flesh Eating Disease.  It was not, and did not ... :-)
Because of related blistering, I ended up having the skin layer removed and had second degree wounds over 75% of my left leg from the knee to the toes.


When I left the hospital, I needed a walker with wheels, and a human body to support me, in order to get around.  
Larry has been a SAINT through all of this, and I am filled with love, joy, and gratitude at having him in my life.

The recovery has been slow, and I have to stay off of my feet for much of the day.  This was NOT a good thing for me, with my ADHD!!

So ...
I had a wee sewing machine that Larry bought me for Christmas.  I had always wanted to quilt ... and it seemed TOO east to buy fabric on-line.  I discovered that I could cut fabric and sew while sitting down, and even with my left foot raised for much of the time.

And thus, began my addiction to quilting and fabric ...
:-)

Oh ...
My recovery has continued nicely.  Today, ten weeks later ... I walk without even using a cane, and rarely even with a limp.  The pain, and Cellulitis is almost gone.  I will be on oral antibiotics for just one more week.  The skin on my leg has regrown without plastic surgery ...
AND ... for the past week ... I have actually FELT GOOD!!

Today, I am most thankful ... that I am able to get up twice in the night and walk to the bathroom, rather than having to use this urinal!
:-)



I am filled with gratitude for the opportunities that life continues to present to me every day!  

Oh, my perspective on what I am grateful for has changed significantly ... but ... my goal is to always feel this grateful!



Life is good.

2 comments:

Fairview Simmentals said...

People come into our life for a reason. I truly believe that. The two special people in your lives watching from above must have knew that you needed each other. The love and support you and Larry have shown each other in the time you have been together is truly inspiring. Everyone should be so lucky to have that kind of love in their lives.

Bill Stearman said...

Thank you.
We are blessed