Pages

Monday, July 14, 2008

V Creek Hummer Lambs

Last summer I imported V Creek Hummer from Wisconsin, to use on my AI ewe lambs that were extension dominant. Hummer is a double patterned ram ... gulmoget and katmoget.
Most of his lambs were either gulmoget, or katmoget, as you'd expect.
A couple were solid and I know that they got the extension gene. BUT ... they are so awesome that I have to keep them for breeding. This year I have leased back a double patterned ram lamb from Nicole Heath at Veliraf Farm, near Conn Ontario. His name is WillowGarden Benny Goodman and he is a spotted grey gulmoget ... with great conformation and fleece.
I also have one black extension dominant ram that is sooooo soft that I HAVE to use him for breeding. He'll get all of my double patterned ewes in his group.
I'm pretty happy with my Hummer babies ... :-)

No comments: