Pages

Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Life Is SO Very Good!

Well ... I have sold out of sheep again this year and was pretty proud to have managed to get the flock down to the 30 BEST ewes and ewe lambs that I had. And then I started looking at sale lists ... *sigh*


I have sold a LOT of sheep to Jamie and Sara Scholtes, and they have stock from all of the lines I have collected. Somehow, Sara managed to take sheep from my breeding/collecting ... and pair them in ways that have me unable to resist buying four of her lambs!So ... Out of WillowGarden Apricot (Whistlestop Lerwick X Great Plains Juliet) and WillowGarden Bassa (Bramble Nick X Lugthart Goldthread) ... comes this little girl. Both Nick and Goldthread have stayed black with almost no iset, even as they age. I'm hoping for the same from this girl!
This cutie is out of HarmonyMarsh Aubergine (not sure who she is, but I know she's out of my sheep) X WillowGarden Sudan (Dailley Kismet X Dailley Iris). This doll can't help but throw cute babies, with great conformation and awesome fleece.
How could I turn down this girl out of WillowGarden Gala (Great Plains Kilda X WillowGarden Duke Ellington) X HarmonyMarsh Aslan (again, not sure of his parents, but they'll be from my stock).
I debated about this girl for a while as she is another Sudan daughter and a moorit and not likely carrying spots ... but look at the conformation and presence to this girl! Her Dam is WillowGarden Tracy Chapman (Claystone Solomon Grundy X Claddagh Palmyra). I couldn't resist her!

I'm so looking forward to adding these girls to my flock. It's nice to be adding back in some of the lines from a few years ago that are now quite distant in my pedigrees ... well, some of them.

Thank you Sara! ... and here, once again, is the link to her sale page.

2 comments:

HarmonyMom said...

Hi Bill,

I just wanted to let you know that Aubergine is the giant white spot (mioget, possibly katmoget) yearling lamb out of Kamelya and Asparagus and Aslan is out of Apricot by Asparagus as well. Thanks for putting a link to our blog!

Sara

Juliann said...

VERY nice sheep! I'm happy to see that sales are going strong up in Canada.