Pages

Friday, November 16, 2007

Pictures ... And The Histograms That Go With Them

Well ... I have decided that it is time to start to share ewes ... and histograms with anyone who is interested.

I am starting with my favourite ewe, Dailley Iris. I'm not sure why she is my favourite ... she only ever singles ... her teeth are moving forward as she
ages and her 'bite' is not as pretty as it once was ... her tail is the right length, but not a shape that I'd post as a prime example of the breed.

She IS mioget, and has a pretty OK histogram. My cut-offs are AFD under 31 ... SD under 8 ... CV under 28.

Iris meets all of these number with her 3 1/2 year old fleece. She is also VERY square ... and even though she is not a lap sheep ... I know that she loves me ... ;-) She is currently 4 1/2 years old, in this picture.

If you click on the histogram it will come up in a size that you can read ... I hope ... :-)I'll add lots more pictures ... and histograms over the next few days. As always ... your input is welcome. But yah can't 'diss' Iris. Not sure why ... but she takes my breath away.

No comments: