Pages

Sunday, November 11, 2007

Beechtree Coaldale

The more I watch and feel this guy ... the more I like him. He is a gentle soul, with a winning personality.
He has a nice looking and feeling fleece.
He is 'coloured' ... which is where I hope my focus with BFLs will be ... with conformation and type always coming first.
I am wondering if he is also Ag grey. Here is a shot of mid side ...
... rump/britch ...
... along his spine ...
... front shoulder.
Will that not be a cool fleece!

Coal has two BFL ewes with him ... and two shetlands ... a dark moorit katmoget ... and a moorit ewe lamb with extension (she is actually Ab, but due to extention (ED), appears moorit).

4 comments:

Franna said...

Oh, Bill. Consider that Coal might be English Blue. The eye flashes and grey areas of his coat seem to fit. I'm not sure if BFL's have this pattern, but other longwools do.
Very handsome guy!
- Franna

Bill Stearman said...

Hi Franna,

Yah, I'm pretty sure that all of the 'coloured' BFLs are English Blue pattern. I have a ewe that is also coloured, but she is MUCH darker, with the same variation over the body (similar to katmoget). Since Hazel, the ewe, is so much darker, I wonder if Coal might be both English Blue AND Ag. Do you think that is possible? This is all pretty new to me.

Bill

Beth and Dennis said...

Hi Bill -

What awesome looking fleece on Coal - what micron range would BFL's normally have?

Beth

ps)those ears could take getting used to :-)

Franna said...

Sure, Abl, English Blue, and Ag grey can coexist. It's probably like an Ag badgerface or Ag Mouflon. I haven't seen Ag by itself in BFL's though, have you?

I've read that English Blue can range from very dark to very light by itself.

Love those ears and Roman noses!
- Franna