Pages

Monday, September 24, 2007

What I Am Doing Next Weekend


NOT!!!!!Find the folks in this picture. There are TWO of them. They are about 1/3 of the way up the rock face ... but ... one third of the rock face is below this picture ... and about 1/3 of the trip is above this photo.

I SOOOOOOOOOOOOO respect what they are doing, and might just join them next weekend ... yah right ... but only if I can provide the food for the end of the trip! That would be all that I could do. Can you even IMAGINE! The cliff face sticks WAY out as it moves to the top!!!!


Dang my life is boring!

I'm just back from four days and three nights at Bon Echo Provincial Park. I took about 600 pictures, but won't post them ALL ... hehehe

I'm headed back on Wednesday, just for the day ... to buy a couple of kayaks to go with the Boler.

WHAT has come over me!!?? Will I ever act my age?

I SURE hope not ... hehehe

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Last week we took part of our NZ relations to Zion National Park as part of a trip through southern Utah, northern AZ, and part of Nevada. We, too, saw climbers on a number of sheer rock faces including a pair that a ranger said would be camping on the face of the mountain in a special tenting set-up. I was in awe to think of sleeping dangling way above terra firma. I kept wondering what they would do if they "had to go" in the middle of the night, but then they must be young and not "middle-aged" with having to well-you-get-the-idea.
Then I wondered if they knew that doing that sort of thing leads to the arthritis sort of thing when reaching my age.
What I really appreciated most was illustrated by the size of people against the backdrop of the mountains. It makes you realize just how small we are in comparison - and how the mountains will be there long after me.
great pictures! Keep 'em coming, Bill...and again, anytime you'd like to visit the Grand Canyon, you've got a place to stay...trailer or not. :)