Pages

Saturday, September 15, 2007

Shetland Lambs ... that take my breath away ... :-)

Above and below is WillowGarden Nelson. He is out of Great Plains Cherry (50% UK genetics), and Todhill Hornblower (100% UK genetics). That makes this guy 75% UK ... but ... more importantly ... to touch his fleece TAKES MY BREATH AWAY!
Check out his butt! It is hard to fault this guy ... although I wish that he were bigger ... but ... he was raised as a triplet ... so I think he will grow. Dam and sire were sure big enough ... :-)
WillowGarden Chad ... is a Grace son. I LOVE Grace ... and thought that I would never sell her. I did though ... to Jamie and Sara Scholtes ... and their young daughters ... who are all giving Grace the attention that she deserves.

Chad is mioget ... and katmoget ... and flekket. I am using him heavily this Fall ... and then ... I hope ... shipping him to a buyer in the Maritimes.
This is my CURRENT favourite ewe lamb ... WillowGarden Mandella. She is full sister to Nelson. This girl is white ... and has an amazing feeling fleece! I can hardly wait to have her micron tested!
The next three pictures are WillowGarden Kilanamjaro. This guy is almost exactly what I am breeding for ... except ... I am not sure that he'll be as square in the hind end as I want him to be.
With that fleece ... and the spotting ... I'll use him on a few ewes ... how could I not?
AND ... if he grows into what he promises ... this guy will be a ram to USE ... :-)

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Hey Bill, I miss hearing about which African nations you're crossing off by selling sheep! What happened to that theme? What's the count now?

Bill Stearman said...

Hi Michelle, Keep watching for the big announcement. I still have to do the final totals and then talk with the two Carols who are matching what I raise ... but ... it should be right around 70 or so babies ... ;-).

I am trying for one more to match my donation ... but ... it is already well over $5,000. Not bad for a fat old Canadian shepherd, eh? ... ;-)

Michelle said...

. . . and a bunch of tiny sheep! No, "not bad" at all.

By the way, you can ship any of those poll carriers you find in your flock my way. :-)