Pages

Monday, March 25, 2013

Catching Up On My Life ... Continued

... and so began the process of winding down Willow Garden ...

I sold my chicken coop and a LOT of the fencing that I had used to separate the various breeds and species of birds, in order to make the farm more feasible for a variety of uses.  The day that a young couple winched the coop on to a trailer and drove away with it was wonderful!  Science, and youth in action! 


My wonderful kids and their families showed up to paint the out buildings one weekend.  What a transformation!



And after MUCH cleaning, tossing, and de-cluttering ... Willow Garden was listed.

http://willowgardenshetlands.blogspot.ca/2012_08_01_archive.html




In September, the last sheep left the farm, leaving me with just four egg layer hens!



I didn't get the place listed very early last summer, and before I knew it, Winter was approaching.  I did not want to move in the snow, so I rented out the main part of the house and moved into my wonderful 'Grandpa Flat' for the Winter.


 

This is also about the time when I decided that I'd like to fall madly in love just one more time ... and I began the process of dating with the intent to find a life partner.  Oh boy did I kiss my share of toads! ... lol.

Don't get me wrong, I only dated nice guys ... and I have a few good friends as a result of the process ... but I didn't meet my Frog Prince.



Through all of this journey I was supported by some wonderful friends ... and my totally loving and supportive family.  I could never adequately express the love and gratitude that I feel for this group of people.




I finally decided to just stop kissing toads, and live my life as it was presented to me.
That turned out to be an awesome decision ...

... to be continued 

No comments: