Pages

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Missing Gene

I'm not sure why ... likely it is the season (the end of Christmas) ... likely it is because I am alone tonight ... but ... I am REALLY missing Gene. I know that he is happier and more comfortable ... and that it is a good thing that I miss him. I just wish that I didn't HAVE to.

Each Christmas that we were together, Gene had to listen to the John Denver Christmas CDs that my daughter made for me so that I'd feel more connected with Christmases past. Gene was NOT a John Denver fan, but he humoured me ... because of my love for my family ... and because of the love that he grew to have for them as well.
These are the lyrics to an old John Denver song that sums up what I hope Gene knows ... nah ... what I KNOW Gene knows. The title is a link to YouTube with the song being sung by artists that Gene would more approve of ... :-)

Perhaps Love
------John Denver

Perhaps love is like a resting place;
A shelter from the storm.
It exists to give you comfort.
It is there to keep you warm.
And in those times of trouble,
When you are most alone,
The memory of love will bring you home.

Perhaps love is like a window;
Perhaps an open door.
It invites you to come closer.
It wants to show you more.
And even if you lose yourself
And don't know what to do,
The memory of love will see you through.

Love to some is like a cloud;
To some as strong as steel.

For some a way of living;
For some a way to feel.

And some say love is holding on.
And some say letting go.
And some say love is everything.
And some say they don't know.

Perhaps love is like the ocean,
Full of conflict, full of pain;
Like a fire when it is cold outside;
Like thunder when it rains.
But … if I should live forever
And all my dreams come true …
My memories of love will be of you


My 'memories of love' will ALWAYS include you Gene. I miss you ... :-) (the link here is John Denver singing it as it should be sung)


2 comments:

Kathy said...

Keeping you, and Gene, in my thoughts, Bill. You know, he really IS there with you so you needn't feel too alone. ;)

Pax vobiscum

Hopeful Farm said...

I think of Gene every time I look at his art in my living room. Have happy thoughts, Michele