Pages

Friday, November 21, 2008

Leo's Group

V Creek Leo is a Dillon Gulmoget without the side fading that so many of the Dillan Guls have. He is out of Maureen Koch's breeding, but I bought him from Cynthia at Firth of Fifth farm. His sire is V Creek Von Diesel and his dam is Justalit'l Hollypop. Both of those lines are heavily influenced by UK genetics. He is not a big boy, but I like him.

He has just 4 ewes in his group. Below is Dailley Iris. I am still waiting for a perfect daughter to keep from her. Actually, I had one two years ago, but I sold her to my friend Nicole Heath ... *sigh*.Great Plains Isabell, an F1 Greyling is also in with Leo, in hopes of a double patterned ram to use on my extension dominant girsls next year.

The other ewes in with Leo are ewe lambs ... HarmonyMarsh Ariel and HarmonyMarsh November. These are ewes that are out of stock that I sold to Sara and Jamie Scholtes. Sara worked some sort of magic with the sheep that I sold her, and produced some amazing animals ... :-)

2 comments:

Ebonwald Cardigans said...

wow Leo looks HUGE in comparison to when I saw him last fall when Cynthia first got him! Lucky guy you are! :)

Carol B. said...

I am enjoying seeing the breeding groups that people are putting together and hearing about the hoped for lambs. It is tough to look back at some of the sheep that you sold and wish you had kept them. But you have to make the decisions that seem right at the time. I hope you do get your perfect lamb, and a gul kat ram lamb with really great fleece and structure.