Pages

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Camping


Well ... last week I managed to book the best, biggest, and most sought after campsite at Presqille Provincial Park. It is totally secluded and has a large section of smooth pebble beach on Lake Ontario. To fall asleep to the sound of the waves and the light of the moon rising over the lake ... amazing!

I did have to work two days last week, so I went with Kate, Tim and Anna and got their tent trailer and dining tent all set up. They stayed until Wednesday when I took over with a friend of mine for the next few days.

We spent the better part of an afternoon hiking ... Kate, Anna, Pete, and I. Anna had a great view perched on Grandpa's back in her special seat.

The colours were awesome!
We got to chase frogs ...
... and take pictures of all sorts of strange creatures.
Owen's Point, which juts way out into the lake is closed for much of the camping season ... but ... it opened the day before we went on the trail ... :-)
Here's Pete way at the end of the point.
And here is a happy looking pair of hikers!
PS ... Once I had the chance to view these pictures, I ran down the hall to the bathroom ... and SHAVED! The 5 o'clock shadow look is NOT a good one for me ... hehehe

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Bill - I wonder if we were camping on the lake at the same time, we were of course on the US side, between Rochester and Buffalo (photos on our blog). I love love love our Lake Ontario!

Bill Stearman said...

Hey Jen,

When I was lying on the beach, watching the moon dance on the lake ... I was right across the lake from the Rochester area. Might have been look right at you guys ... :-).

Lake Ontario is truly a gift, as are the parks on it's edge.