Pages

Monday, September 15, 2008

Boys ... in weeds ... *sigh*

Here are a few of my boys. I have culled down to about 12 and need to get down to 9 before my 6 new ones arrive from the US at the end of the month!

Above, with friends, and below, with a fleece full of weeds ... WillowGarden Crush. He is out of WillowGarden Cameroon (ShelteringPines Justinian X Firth of Fith Masala Chai) and Underhill Thelonius Monk. I like this boy. A lot.
The next two shots are of a ram that would have been culled until my dear friend Juliann Budde educated me about polled genetics. His horns aren't life threatening. And they are obviously 'abherent' (sp). Any way ... the fleece on this guy is AWESOME ... and his conformation is great as well. He is WillowGarden Garnish ... out of WillowGarden Equatoria (F1 Todhill Glayva) and WillowGarden Nelson (F1 Todhill Hornblower, F3 Timothy, F3 Greyling).
Other than the 'wonky' horns ... i LOVE this guy. I'll use him on some polled carrier ewes this Fall.
Here is my one extension dominant ram lamb. You can't see the crimp in his fleece, or feel how soft the handle is ... but ... even though he is Ed, I WILL use him for breeding this Fall. He is either katmoget or gulmoget under that Ed thing. He will be bred to as many double patterned ewes as I can round up. He is WillowGarden Slice.
And still there is WillowGarden Twist ... my mystery boy. Test breeding will be the only way to figure out what he is ... besides amazing ... except for that HUGE britch (for a lamb). He is out of a white Whistlestop ewe that is 75% UK genetics, and Willowgarden Nelson, who is also 75% UK.

I'll try to get more pictures of the others. But ... these four are staying ... for now.

2 comments:

Franna said...

Oh, the Weeds! No matter how many times I chop, mow and hack, some thistles and burrs survive. This time of year the fleeces are magnets for all the "stuff".

Beautiful boys!
- Franna

susan said...

Nelson sounds like the perfect ram. Kats/ guls or blacks. Sounds perfect to me, even with his dominent black.