Pages

Monday, March 24, 2008

There WILL Be Lambs ... :-)

Great Plains Tulip should be the first. She is due March 29th, but with the extra leap year day, I figure she is due on the 28th. With all of my ewes, I figure they can go up to two days before that date, or two days after. So I will be watching for something starting tomorrow ... :-)))
Even my ewe lambs are bagging up quickly. I think it may get busy during the first week of April.
My beloved Iris, the world's most perfect sheep (IMHO) is also due that week. She has only ever singled, but I have requested twin ewe lambs this year. She was bred to Nelson, a 75% UK katmoget out of Great Plains Cherry and Todhill Hornblower (via AI).
Beechtree Sorrel is due April 1st, and might just go around that time.
Beechtree Miss Marple is due right after Tulip, on March 30.
This is Great Plains Sylvia. She is an F1 Greyling (1999) with an AWESOME fleece. She is also bred to Nelson. I didn't see her bred, but for the past two years, she has lambed within 36 hours of her daughter Tulip ... so I'll be watching this loving and gentle ewe as well.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Thanks for the update; I've been checking often. (Me thinks you still have some big news up your sleeve that you aren't sharing yet.) I need to get busy and crutch my three bred girls as well. Since they were sheared in September, I want to leave their fleeces on a couple more months.

Bill Stearman said...

Indeed, Michelle, I do have news up my sleeve or where ever. And as soon as I know what that news is ... I will post it here. If I don't know by the end of this week ... well ... I expect that I will just scream ... ;-)

It is all good ... but I am not, by nature, a patient person ... hehehe

Franna said...

Okay, I almost had to blush... all those ladies looking like they have their panties down. ;-)

It's hard to be patient waiting for you to be patient waiting for whatever it is we're waiting to hear.

- Franna