Pages

Thursday, June 09, 2011

Friends

This week's hatch ... the last of the season and a pretty late one for me ... was just one little chick out of six eggs ... and hatched at 23 days!

Once the weather gets warmer, I never have as much success with my styrofoam incubator
This poor little bird went nuts with the chirping once I put her, alone, into the 'aquarium brooder'.  It was driving me crazy ... so I went to the fridge and got her a 'friend'.
She has been quiet ever since.  I think I'll find the two chicks from last week in the 'Chick-mobile' (a small box trailer that I use for brooding) and bring them in.  I expect that they'd be better company than the egg!

Kate, Tim, Anna, and Jamie arrive today and are returning to the area after a year in Yellowknife.  I'm pretty sure that the kids will enjoy chicks in Grandpa's dining room ... :-)

Life is good!

No comments: