Pages

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Pictures to Update

Although it may seem that I've been sitting on my butt since I have posted no pictures ... that isn't the case.  Here are a few pictures to prove that we've been busy ... :-)
 My yearling ewes that I bred late are just lambing now.  There are three more to go and I am totally ready for lambing to be over with since it started in mid-March ... but beautiful ewe lambs like this Ag gulmoget make it worth while.  Meet WillowGarden Cheery.
 I am brooding meat birds, Light Brahmas, Welsummers, Australorps, and Chanteclers in my 'Chick Mobile'. I also have 17 turkeys in another area being brooded ... and White Jersey Giants, Black Jersey Giants, and Dark Brahmas coming next Monday!  So much for cutting down on breeds!  Many of these will be sold as breeding pairs or trios, or as layers.

 I put my geese out to pasture at two weeks of age and they seem to LOVE life in the grass.  They have shade and shelter from the weather, and seem to be thriving.


 Lauren and Cindy are out with the yearling ewes and once they are even more aclimatized to Willow Garden, I'll let them out with the main flock.
Anyway ... that is a sampling of current life at Willow Garden ... so you don't think that I am lazing about ... :-)

Life is good!

2 comments:

JoVE said...

That lamb is GORGEOUS. But then it seems that we have a bunch of animals with that kind of colouring around here. She'd match our German Shepherd, our brown tabby cats, and possibly even the Gold Laced Wyandottes!

Nancy K. said...

Yeah, that's right. I was really worried about you just sitting around...

;-)

How are you liking the llamas?