Pages

Saturday, July 03, 2010

Cows Also Leaving

First up to leave on the truck with Amber is Chuck. Chuck is a great guy, and still destined for the freezer. Unfortunately, when he was banded, one testicle went back up inside and was missed. This means that he is sterile due to the body heat around that remaining testicle ... but that he acts like a bull. I will have a lot of younger heifers here who do not need to be hassled by him ... and the folks in Griffith will be able to keep him in an all 'boys' pen. This will be a good move for him.
Next to go is Madge. I like Madge, although she has a bit of an attitude. But, stupidly, I bred her to an un-registrable bull, so her calf cannot be registered. I'm too old to wait an extra year to get a registered calf out of her. The folks in Griffith want to milk, and Madge is a pretty milky Dexter.
The folks also wanted to buy Madge's daughter MARY (not Millie as this used to say as Millie is going to Heidi and Steve;-) ... and I said yes ... and I am a man who sticks by his word. It is hard to sell her though as I have watched her grow from an almost newborn ... into a magnificent young heifer. But ... I KNOW that she will have a good home.
So ... that is what is leaving. Next post, I'll tell you what is staying ... and coming ... :-)

No comments: